We’re Canada’s first Ricoh Eco Excellence Member.
What does it mean to be a Ricoh Eco Excellence Member?
Eco Excellence Program dealers share sustainability values with Ricoh — and as a recognized member, we are committed to reducing our own environmental impact and helping customers do the same.
When customers work with us, they can be confident that our team is prepared to talk about sustainability, educate about best practices and lead them through the products, services and solutions that have environmental benefits.
Whether you have a key target goal for resource reduction or want to improve the sustainability of your workplace, we can walk you through major sustainability improvement areas — including modernizing printers, printing more efficiently, making use of digital processes and creating a sustainable workplace.
How was Office Interiors selected as Canada’s first Ricoh Eco Excellence Member?
Membership in the Ricoh Eco Excellence Program is awarded only to dealers that meet key criteria — including the dealer’s track record of environmental sustainability commitment and ability to provide customers with education, awareness, program support and guidance.
At Office Interiors, we are committed to communicating our green message through content assets across our Learning Center, educating our customers on how they can join our sustainability mission simply with their buying choices.
We have numerous programs in place that enable us to offer our customers environmental sustainability support including:
- Carbon Offset – Our Carbon Offset Program uses the ‘Voluntary Offset Methodology Protocol’ to calculate the environmental carbon emission impact. We then source the required amount of carbon offsets to ensure that our offering to our customers has absolutely no impact on the environment.
- Equipment Leasing – Customers can lease furniture and equipment instead of owning them outright. This ‘Product-as-a-Service’ program aims to extend the lifetime of every piece of furniture or device we manage through the ‘first life’ and give it a ‘second life’ by refurbishing and reusing, all while minimizing our environmental impact.
- Equipment Take-Back – We offer customers a take-back solution for used office furniture and equipment. More specifically, we reupholster and repurpose used furniture panels. We donated over 100 wooden pallets across communities in Fredericton last year. Additionally, used technology products brought to us are reconditioned for reselling or donating to schools and charitable organizations. This initiative allows our clients to repurpose their furniture, fixtures, and electronic products, diverting the items from landfills.
- Printer Toners and Cartridge Recycling – Any containers that our manufacturers do not handle are recycled through our in-house program. This involves us making arrangements with non-profit organizations like the Canadian Diabetes Association, which collects these cartridges and sells them to cartridge recycling companies where the bottles are processed or re-filled. Once we have exhausted every avenue available to us, the remaining materials are safely disposed of under the current regulations. We are proud to say that we have successfully recycled more than 90% of the cartridges that have been returned to us.
- Printer Toner Lock Feature – This feature prevents users from unknowingly replacing cartridges before they are completely empty, effectively extending the life of each cartridge, lowering the volume of waste toner cartridges ending up in landfills and reducing the overall cost of ownership. For our customers’ economic and environmental savings, we offer this toner lock feature as standard on all new Ricoh 10 series devices without any additional charge.
- Free Print Assessments – This program is accessible to all, and customers can sign up for a free print assessment through our website here. We’ve implemented this to assist individuals with identifying opportunities for process improvement, changing their expensive printing habits, and consolidating a printer fleet – all contributing towards cutting down paper consumption, physical footprint, and final costs.
Overall, our membership demonstrates our commitment to sustainability in our own business practices, which you can learn more about by visiting – https://www.officeinteriors.ca/about-us/sustainability/
How can you benefit from working with a Ricoh Eco Excellence Member?
Whether you have a hard target goal for resource reduction or just want to improve the sustainability of your workplace, our team at Office Interiors can walk you through major sustainability improvement areas, including modernizing printers, printing more efficiently, making use of digital processes such as document management & integrated cloud management and creating sustainable workplaces.
A breakdown of the value-added services available to you by working with a Ricoh Eco Excellence Member are:
Our devices deliver superior energy performance by utilizing smart technologies and features. We are a strong supporter of ENERGY STAR® and strive for “practical” energy performance to achieve the ENERGY STAR qualification while maintaining ease of use. Enjoy built-in advanced energy management features — such as Quick Start-Up (QSU) and low Sleep Mode electricity consumption. Utilize the Smart Operation Panel with built in green reporting tools. In addition, many Ricoh devices are Ecologo Certified and are verified for reduced environmental impact.
We understand how easy it is for an unmanaged print fleet to generate significant waste. Taking control over your devices and practicing environmental stewardship can be difficult if you don’t know exactly where the problems are — and how to optimize your fleet. Our print solutions can help you extend environmentally friendly printing to everyone, including mobile employees and guests. Reduce waste caused by printing mistakes with Secure Document Release. Increase accountability with User Tracking, Reporting & Chargeback. We can also show you how you can leverage energy efficient MFPs to print from legacy host systems — as well as how digital proofing can reduce unnecessary output.
Use Digital Processes
Our comprehensive technology can help you go green by going digital — enabling seamless document conversion, high-quality image capture, paperless file storage, digital collaboration and more. A comprehensive sustainability improvement plan takes into account many kinds of processes that rely on paper — giving you the tools to capture, classify and route various data formats to where you need them. Replace paper records with digital files. Use electronic processes for data and photos, and replace hardcopy signatures and forms with digital processes. You can also send and receive faxes without generating waste with advanced faxing capabilities that enable communication between desktop computers, MFPs and other devices. Our solutions can help you create an efficient digital workflow that saves paper, saves energy or both.
Create a Sustainable Workplace
Improving sustainability goes beyond just your documents and print processes. Our solutions can help you reduce your overall environmental impact through changes in your workplace — from transforming meeting and conference spaces to reducing discarded handouts with digital presentation technology. Reduce the need for print output with electronic projected visuals and digital collaboration hardware. Bring people together with video teleconferencing devices and reduce a portion of required travel — and its associated environmental impact.
Improve Sustainability with Practical Guidance
We understand that planning and taking steps to become more sustainable may be unfamiliar and therefore seem challenging. As an Eco Excellence Program dealer, we are equipped to help you start or continue in your efforts to reduce environmental impact. We can show you just how our portfolio of products and programs can help you make your organization more sustainable across many aspects of your day-to-day operations — saving both paper and energy. We can also show you how enhancing sustainability can be cost-effective and improve productivity for your organization. Additional programs and resources include the Carbon Calculator, Consumables Takeback Programs, assessments/evaluations of your current environment and proposals/ recommendations for sustainability improvement. We are ready to bring our knowledge and experience to help guide you and serve as your true partner in sustainability.
Schedule a complimentary sustainability assessment for your printer fleet
The best way to understand the value of achieving a sustainable environment is by speaking to one of our experts at Office Interiors. We understand that each business is unique and gear our programs based on what works best for you. Whether you’re looking for advanced built-in energy management features or cutting down on paper using digital processes, our technology team is happy to help. Request a free print assessment of your business today!