Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Office Interiors is a Maritime-based company that operates on a clear set of values showing our commitment to our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity.
As a Workspace Planner you would share Office Interiors’ vision to “Inspire People to Love the Way They Work,” and mission “to Help Customers Create Productive Work Environments.” This role will allow you to combine your passion for design and helping people to create inspiring, innovative and collaborative workspaces.
Workspace Planners work with our Account Managers to understand the needs of our customers and prepare drawings to capture the details of the plans. You thrive on creativity, taking initiative and are passionate about contributing to your community and providing the best customer experience.
- You fit with Office Interiors’ Core Values (our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity)
- You are engaged in the community; community involvement is expected for every member of our team
- You would love to take your passion for design to help others “love the way they work”
- You have an aptitude for space planning and design, along with a focus on details
- You have strong professional communication skills (written and verbal) and enjoy sharing the benefits of our products
- You have solid time management and tracking skills, are self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- You are technologically savvy with the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- You are ambitious and enjoy the challenge of working independently to deliver results
- You can multi-task efficiently, prioritizing tasks, sometimes under time pressures
- You want to continue to learn and grow professionally, becoming a trusted resource to our customers
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to our Manager of Workspace Planning, you will work with our Account Managers to develop drawings that will ensure the best use of space and a design that will exceed our customer’s vision
- Use your product knowledge to specify and value engineer the best possible solution for the customer’s workspace and provide a list of parts to the Account Manager
- Continuously learn and bring new ideas
- Work with the Operations team and provide technical installation drawings for the furniture install
- Visit customer sites with the Account Manager
- Occasionally participate in market development, trade shows, community events and those sponsored by Office Interiors or our customers
- Post- secondary education in Interior Design, Architectural Design Technology/Drafting or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD and Office 365, CET Designer would be an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid vacation
- Employee assistance program
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions and job-related training
- Internal development programs
- On-site fitness equipment
- Employee discounts
- An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our people, our customers, our communities, our environment, integrity and results.
- A beautiful office environment in our brand-new state-of-the-art building, including a roof-top patio with harbour view and free parking
Please visit https://www.officeinteriors.ca/about-us/current-opportunities/ and fill out the form to the right of the page, or email your resume to:
Manager of People and Culture
2-200 Ralston Ave
At Office Interiors, we are committed to an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported and free from all types of discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization to have a team that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we work, live and play.