Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Office Interiors is a Maritime-based company that operates on a clear set of values showing our commitment to our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity.
As a Shipper/Receiver, you would share Office Interiors’ vision to “Inspire People to Love the Way They Work,” and mission “to Help Customers Create Productive Work Environments.” Your role will support the warehouse and installation teams by ensuring that product is controlled in a safe and efficient manner that adds quality to the sales and installation processes.
If you have a positive, “can-do” attitude, are self-motivated and want to work in an environment where you can take ownership for your individual results, this is the place and role for you. We don’t believe in micro-managing; we trust that you have the drive and energy to get the job done and achieve your results.
This position has a heavy focus on organizational skills and relationships. You should be passionate about contributing to your community and developing long-term mutually beneficial working relationships. As an integral member of the team, you will be the primary representative between our internal customer care and sales teams and our installation team.
Key Abilities and Traits
- You fit with Office Interiors’ six Core Values (our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity)
- You are engaged in the community; community involvement is expected of every member of our team
- You have excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- You are organized with solid time management skills and are detail-oriented with the ability to operate in the grey when needed
- You are technologically savvy with Office 365 (Outlook, Excel) and adapt quickly to new software, e-automate would be an asset
- You enjoy working in a team environment as well as independently, with the ability to multi-task efficiently, prioritize tasks, and work sometimes under time pressure
- Flexibility is a must as overtime work will occasionally be required in order to meet customer needs.
What you will be doing
- Responsibility for all shipping and receiving tasks and priorities assigned by the Warehouse Manager in order to meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals and deadlines
- Acting as the Team Lead in the Warehouse Manager’s absence
- Working in a safe and diligent manner in order to prevent personal injury or product damage to product
- Working closely and proactively with Sales, Customer Care, Operations and Warehouse teams to ensure paperwork is accurate and furniture orders are tracking to schedule and deliveries prioritized, highlighting potential areas of concern and identifying possible solutions
- Updating e-automate software in order to assist with inventory counts and track product movement
- Quality control, ensuring all parts of a product order is ready for the Installation team clean and undamaged
- Maintaining and organizing a clean warehouse
- High School Diploma, some Post-Secondary education in a relevant field would be preferred and/or equivalent experience in shipping and receiving
- Minimum 2-5 years of working experience, preferably in a warehouse environment
- Must be able to complete tasks, prioritize work, be flexible to work with minimum supervision
- Interest and ability to perform strenuous physical activity safely and interact in a professional manner with clients and internal customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently, competently and timely, even under pressure.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including a bonus program
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation to start
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions and job-related training
- Internal development programs
- Fitness subsidy
- Employee discounts
- An amazing team
Please email your resume to:
Manager of People and Culture
656 Windmill Road
At Office Interiors, we are committed to an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported and free from all types of discrimination and harassment. We feel it is important as an organization to have a team that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we work, live and play.