Digital Content Specialist
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Office Interiors is a Maritime-based company that operates on a clear set of values showing our commitment to our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity.
As a Digital Content Specialist, you would share Office Interiors’ vision to “Inspire People to Love the Way They Work,” and mission “to Help Customers Create Productive Work Environments.” This role will allow you to combine your passion for storytelling and writing, while educating people through both written and video content. If you love to write, are excited about design and technology, and passionate about teaching people, while working with a Leadership team that understands the importance of content marketing, this is the place and role for you.
This position is dedicated to educating the public using both written and video content. You thrive on creativity, taking initiative and are passionate about contributing to your community and building trust with our audience.
- You fit with Office Interiors’ Core Values (our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity)
- You are engaged in the community; community involvement is expected for every member of our team
- You would love to take your passion for storytelling to develop engaging educational blogs, videos and social media posts
- You have strong professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have solid time management skills, are self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- You are technologically savvy with the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- You are ambitious and enjoy the challenge of working independently to deliver results
- You can multitask efficiently, prioritizing tasks, sometimes under time pressures
What you will be doing:
- Creating engaging educational content that will help our customers work more productively, collaboratively, and comfortably!
- Taking ownership over our content library and content calendar, keeping it up-to-date, organized, and accessible to the rest of the Office Interiors team
- Interviewing subject matter experts or customers
- Researching best practices to consistently create engaging content
- Using content management systems to analyze and optimize content engagement and performance
- Ensuring compliance with copyright and data protection legislation
- Continuously learning and bringing new ideas to our content strategy to find new ways to reach our audience
- Answering inbound inquiries
- Occasionally participating in market development, trade shows, community events and those sponsored by Office Interiors or our customers
- Post-Secondary education in Journalism, Videography or relevant comparable experience telling stories
- Experience in content management preferred but not required
- Experience in recording and editing video would be an asset
- Experience with, or an aptitude to learn, the software required for the production, editing and publication of video and written content (examples include WordPress, HubSpot, Adobe suite of products, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Knowledge of, or aptitude to learn HTML and web publishing and related software an asset
- Knowledge of, and ability to analyze web traffic metrics an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Three weeks’ paid vacation
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions and job-related training
- Internal development programs
- Employee discounts
- An amazing team!
Please visit https://www.officeinteriors.ca/about-us/current-opportunities/ and fill out the form to the right of the page, or email your resume to:
Manager of People and Culture
656 Windmill Road
At Office Interiors, we are committed to an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported and free from all types of discrimination and harassment. We feel it is important as an organization to have a team that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we work, live and play.
COVID-19: We continue to practice all health and safety measures in order to keep our team and customers safe while remaining fully operational. We are here to help you love the way you work.