Supplies Sales Representative
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
The Supplies Sales Representative role is vital to Office Interiors because they’re the one who brings in the revenue that makes everything ‘go’, and the one who ensure our customers have all the stuff they need for their day-to-day operations. This is a job – and a career – for the extrovert who likes to encourage others to “love the way they work”. Our newest Supplies Sales Representative will have an opportunity to learn all about complementary commercial supplies, and associated products, from established salespeople and dedicated manufacturer representatives. So, if you have a love for people, a passion for the phone and an entrepreneurial appetite, we’d like to meet you and tell you more about us and the position.
In the meantime, a little about Office Interiors and the job. We celebrated our 25th year in business in 2016, and have transitioned from four employees in a small office space in the Brewery Market in downtown Halifax, to over one hundred people in Atlantic Canada and three Showrooms in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We sell just about everything that goes inside an office space – consumables for photocopiers, faxes, scanners, mailing systems, phone systems, and associated software, along with workstations, office suites, filing cabinets, modular walls, raised flooring and carpet…to name a few. We’ve been recognized in our industries with being one of the eight Canadian imaging dealerships certified by Pros Elite 100, along with the “Haworth Award for Quality” and Haworth’s “BEST in Class” award. In regards to the role, you will be reporting to our Director of Operations, and will be charged with dialing into existing and new accounts in the Nova Scotia marketplace – and possibly beyond – and speaking with them about their supplies’ needs. Whether it’s a pallet of paper, a sleeve of staples, a ton of toner, or anything else, the Supplies Sales Representative assists those in need of help – sort of like a superhero in a mask. The difference is that you will be recognized – and paid – for your outstanding efforts.
We’re looking for someone who:
- wants to be their own boss – we want you to be an entrepreneur within our business.
- loves to use the phone to meet new people and build long-term relationships.
- is a great communicator who can tell our story – and relay product benefits – easily and openly.
- wants to learn – and grow professionally – and become a trusted resource to our customers.
- loves to be challenged to deliver results.
- is a fantastically organized individual.
- is able to communicate in both official languages – it would definitely be an asset.
Overall, we want someone who is going to embody our Vision “to inspire people to love the way they work” and live our Mission “to help our customers create productive work environments.”
Some of the things you will find at Office Interiors – and that you may be looking for from an employer:
- a small to mid-sized company where you`re on a first-name basis with the CEO.
- team outings and company-sponsored social events.
- being in a role where your contributions – and what you bring to the table – really matter.
- great work-life balance.
- no wait time for benefits.
- fun people to work with and a really fun environment – our informal tag line is “Work hard and play hard!”
- time off – with pay – to participate and volunteer in community-based or not-for-profit enterprises.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish them all the best in their job hunt and future careers; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please mail, fax or e-mail your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
656 Windmill Road
Fax: (902) 422-8511