Location: Edmundston, New Brunswick
The Field Technician role is one of our most important positions at Office Interiors because they are ‘front and center’ in getting our customers’ imaging equipment to operate in an optimal manner. They are the ones who visit the customer site to fix issues and keep everything running smoothly – sort of like a train engineer. This is a job – and a career – for an outgoing, technically-sound, confident, team player who likes to trouble-shoot and solve problems, and to help our customers to “love the way they work”. The Field Technician will have an opportunity to learn about digital equipment, mailing systems, phone systems – and how to remedy problems – from established technical personnel and dedicated manufacturer representatives. So, if you have a love for people, a passion for providing answers and an entrepreneurial appetite, we’d like to meet you and tell you more about us and the position.
In the meantime, a little about Office Interiors and the job. We are celebrating our 25th year in business in 2016, and have transitioned from four employees in a small office space in the Brewery Market in downtown Halifax, to over one hundred people in Atlantic Canada and three Showrooms in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We sell just about everything that goes inside an office space – photocopiers, faxes, scanners, mailing systems, phone systems, associated software, consumables, chairs, workstations, office suites, filing cabinets, modular walls, raised flooring, carpet…to name a few. We’ve been recognized in our industries with being one of the eight Canadian imaging dealerships certified by Pros Elite 100, as well as the “Haworth Award for Quality” and Haworth’s “BEST in Class” award. In regards to the role, you will be reporting to our Field Supervisor, and will be charged with going to clients’ place of business and providing solutions for issues, while maintaining to industry servicing benchmarks. Whether it’s cleaning a fax machine, replacing a part on a folder/inserter, or fixing a production unit in a print shop, the Field Technician assists those in need of help – sort of like a superhero in a mask. The difference is that you will be recognized for your outstanding efforts.
We’re looking for someone who:
- wants to be an integral part of a bigger team.
- loves to – and is excited by – helping out and assisting others.
- is a great communicator who can convey their needs and requirements – easily and openly.
- wants to learn – and grow professionally – and become a trusted resource to our customers.
- loves to be challenged to deliver results.
- is a fantastically organized individual.
- is able to communicate in both official languages.
Overall, we want someone who is going to embody our Vision “to inspire people to love the way they work” and live our Mission “to help our customers create productive work environments.”
Some of the things you will find at Office Interiors – and that you may be looking for from an employer:
- a small to mid-sized company where you`re on a first-name basis with the CEO.
- team outings and company-sponsored social events.
- being in a role where your contributions – and what you bring to the table – really matter.
- great work-life balance.
- no wait time for benefits.
- fun people to work with and a really fun environment – our informal tag line is “Work hard and play hard!”
- time off – with pay – to participate and volunteer in community-based or not-for-profit enterprises.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish them all the best in their job hunt and future careers; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please mail, fax or e-mail your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
656 Windmill Road
Fax: (902) 422-8511